Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yesterday I was @...

.....Mudfire Pottery

You know I am always talking about Jennifer Bates Pottery, well yesterday, she and her friends at Mudfire Pottery, www.mudfire.com, were gracious enough to let me take a look inside their studio where they create these beautiful works of art.

This was a photo from a previous blog taken at Scout For The Home, where Jennifer sells her pottery exclusively.

Some of Jennifer's pieces, drying and completed. 

  One of the many artist's at Mudfire.

 Jennifer with one of her bowls in the drying room.

The amount of time and attention to detail that goes into creating each of these pieces is pretty amazing.  The only pottery I have done has been at a "Wired and Fired" with a group of my girlfriends and lots of wine.  Well I guess it is kind of the same, Mudfire has sofas where you can relax after leaning over the wheel for a long time and enjoy a diet coke and a snack with a friend.  Great friendships are formed here, I can tell, because these artist's spend a lot of time in this studio.  Everyone is so complimentary of each other's work.  I even got a VIP tour of the gallery, take a peak.  Be sure to click on the images so you can really see the detail.







 They invited me to join them but I think my attention span might be too short for this process.  I left this serene environment with a newfound respect for this art form but not before getting a picture with my friend Jennifer.
One last thing I wanted to show you was this....
I saw this as I was pulling out of the parking lot and I had to take a picture because this really summed up the vibe I got from Mudfire Pottery.  
Thanks to the Ladies and Gentlemen who welcomed me into their home away from home!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love all your pictures and words re me and Mudfire in general. So great to see you and show you around. Please stop by the studio anytime. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete