Saturday, March 10, 2012

Today I was @.....

.....an appointment with my career coach.

John Long with Two Roads Resources is my career coach.  exploretworoads@att.net

My husband, Duncan, encouraged me to find someone like this to help me figure out what it is I really want to do.  Over a year ago, John helped me revise my resume and he was able to recommend different jobs he had seen posted based on my skills.  He also has an arsenal of websites and literature to recommend to help you learn more about what you think you want to do and jobs that are out there as well.  Visit his website!

When I visited him today I found he had added another credential to his title, "Life Coach".  Whether you are changing jobs, positions, or careers, your life is usually greatly affected and he is able to help you make the transition easier.

After my first session, he recognized that I needed to use my creativity and turn it into my career.  That is a scary step when you are used to having a traditional 8-5 job with a regular paycheck, benefits and paid vacation.  Today's session was to help me describe clearer to you, my readers, the purpose of my blog.  

Kristin Mayfield Meredith @ is about connecting creative people.  I have been helping individuals find different leads for jobs, planning special events, designing affordable websites, and structuring business organization before your business becomes overwhelmingly busy.

I am working on my new website which will show you the work I have been doing and introduce you to my clients.  It will also be a marketplace for my jewelry which I love to design.

I hope you will pass my info along if you know anyone who could use my services.

As always, John had great recommendations for me, down to how many hours a day I need to spend on what.  I hope that any of you who need a little direction, even a resume tune-up, will call him, you will gain a lot.  He always tries to shake my hand but I have to embrace him because he a major boost to my self esteem.  Life Coach is a great word for John.



No comments:

Post a Comment