Sunday, February 12, 2012

Yesterday I was @......

Scott Antique Market, an open house for Southern Gal Bath and Body and I ended the day at the Shutze Awards.

I normally go to Tucson, AZ for the Gem Show to stock up on jewelry supplies but was unable to go this year.  Nancy told me to try Scott Antique Market, there is a man who is there every month selling beads, etc.  Well I found him and SUCCESS!!!!  I have a new best friend and lots to hold me over until the next gem show.  Check it out.....




I was like a kid in a candy store.  Those of you who have been to Scott or as many call it, Scotts, know how large of a show it is.  Imagine that but with only beads, gemstones and anything you could imagine required for jewelry assembly.  Now imagine that but in every hotel in Tucson, every convention center.  The show is so big that all of the vendors occupy all of the hotels and other spaces in the city for over a week.  Some vendors will even be set up in more than one location.  Needless to say, I do my research each year so I know what I need and who I want to get it from.  Otherwise, you get completely overwhelmed and spend all of your money the first day at the first stop.  Been there done that.

I immediately came home and started putting things together, here are three of my new necklaces and a pair of earrings.


Don't be too impressed, I just put some hooks on these leaves I bought yesterday but I like them and received several compliments last night.


Left: Brown/Black wooden bead necklace with an asian motif pendant that I bought in Tucson several years ago.  It has been on a lot of different necklaces but I think this is the final destination.  $90

center:  Coral bead necklace.  I am crazy about coral and yellow right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  $100

right:  Canary Glass Beaded Necklace  $80

Aren't the colors awesome?

On to an open house for Southern Gal Bath and Body.  My friend Tricia Fazio started making her own soaps in her kitchen and now her products have expanded into an entire line of body products and candles.

Her prices are great, and she does not use any of the harmful ingredients most of us have been reading about for the past several years; parabens and sulfates to name a few.  I have copied her info so you can read more about the products.

 Soaps with or without fragrance, the fragrances she does use are very pleasant and not overwhelming.
Above is Sage and Lemongrass, Chardonnay and a Detox soap that contains activated charcoal to pull out impurities.  That one is my favorite !!!!
 In this picture she has chai tea, Chocolate Espresso and in the center, Red Currant.  If any of you have ever had a candle by Votivo called Red Currant, you will love this soap.  She also has made a candle in Red Currant and she nailed that fragrance. 
 Here is Bare Unscented and Basil, Sage, and Mint


Hopefully you can click on and enlarge this to read it.

 Lip Balms
 Soy Candles, this is the travel tin but she also makes the larger version in glass.  I believe Soy candles are better for the planet but I don't have a source on hand to back that up.
 Body Lotion
 This body polish is killer and it doesn't leave a residue in the tub!!!
 Bath salts and Body Wash

 I used one of these yesterday and it really is moisturizing!





I think Blogger is trying to tell me I have reached the limit of photos I can upload so be sure to go to Southern Gal Soaps/SGS Body Products on Facebook and like her.  I am sure you will also find more info there about her products as well.  I have an info sheet on her Aromatherapy Sea Salts that has a lot of great info on the different types of salt.  I am a major salt snob so I am glad she is talking about the salts she uses.  Let me know if you don't see that on her facebook page and I will post it later. She is working on her website but until then, if you want to buy some of her products you can  email her at tfazio99@yahoo.com or contact her on facebook.

Now, last but certainly not least, The Shutze Awards.  What a great event it was last night.  A sincere congratulations to Peter Block for his award on Hotel Particulier and the Farmhouse he designed in Jackson Hole.  That makes 4 Shutze awards he has won he is going to need a trophy case.  Also congrats to Laura DePree on her first Shutze and to Jeremy Smearman of Planters.  

It was so awesome to see all of the familiar faces and wonderful people that I have had the fortune of meeting over the years.  Chris Wakefield of The Outdoor Lights, theoutdoorlights.com, Brad Heppner, Architect, bradleyeheppner.com, Jeremy Smearman of Planters who by the way designed the most killer chicken coop for the project he received the award for, plantersgarden.com.  Wright Marshall of Revival Construction, revivalconstruction.com, John Howard of Howard Design Studio, howarddesignstudio.com, you should look at his facebook page. He keeps it updated with progress shots on all of his projects so it is really cool and he did the garden design for the Hotel Particulier with Peter Block, peterblockarchitects.com.  Charles Calhoun of Calhoun Design and Metalworks, calhounmetalworks.com who does the most beautiful things with iron, Morgan Harrison of Morgan Creek Cabinetry,morgancreekcabinets.net, and Carson McElheney of Carson McElheney Landscape Architecture, carsonmcelheney.com.  I have listed all of these people and their websites so that if you or someone you know needs any of these services, you can pass their names along, they are all the finest in their field.  

Well I had a busy weekend and I am ready to hit the ground running tomorrow morning.  I hope you all had as enjoyable and enriching of a weekend as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment