Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Today I was @....



I have two questions for this post and I would love to actually hear some comments.

1.  Who still writes hand written letters/notes?
2.  How much would you pay for really fine stationary?

I still love to write a note with a nice pen on nice stationary and I will buy somewhat fancy paper (or so I thought).  There are those who appreciate really great wine and there are those who appreciate really good paper and printing.  I met with the latter today. 

Georgia Godfrey is a paper and printing connoisseur who has started her own business, Georgia Ann's Paperie, creating beautiful invitations and stationary for every budget.  She is a graduate of Auburn University and a newlywed so she knows about choosing invitations, fonts and lined envelopes.  She has a great eye for what she is doing and is an excellent resource for anyone wanting to create a special invitation or announcement.  

Today I learned about Letterpress.  It is a dying art that originated in the 1600's and is making a comeback.  An actual plate or plates are created specifically for your design and then pressed into the paper creating an engraved look and feel and giving the ink and wording a very crisp look.  And of course you want to use really good paper.
You can have your own plate kept at the printer for reprints.  That sounds pretty special.

She has all of the different invitations you are familiar with, baby showers, stock the bars, save the dates but with personal attention.  I told Georgia I have been in many of the paper stores we all know well and the customer service and knowledge is lacking.  Not to mention, I love to support small businesses and not big box or chains.

Today we were brainstorming ways to create visually stimulating displays and marketing tools that will hopefully simplify the decision making process for brides or anyone creating an invitation for any occasion.   Her stationary, invitations, etc. will be available at The Old Edwards Inn in Highlands, NC for brides planning destination weddings.  Since she can't be there all the time we were hoping to simplify the process for others when she can't be there in person. There are so many styles, colors, designs, sizes, I was overwhelmed and I can only imagine how a bride would feel.  Luckily, Georgia is well versed, well organized and has a great bedside manner.  I will definitely call on her when I am ready to choose something nice and original.  

Georgia's website will soon be live but for now you can make an appointment with her, her contact info is below, or visit her facebook page.   I will certainly let you all know when her website and blog go live.

Georgia Godfrey
georgiagodfrey11@gmail.com
770-490-0386
Like her on Facebook: Georgia Ann's Paperie


I can't wait to hear your comments.  Practice your penmanship!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment