Sunday, February 19, 2012

Last night I was @......


If you haven't been to this restaurant yet, I highly recommend it.  Last night my husband and I had dinner here with friends and loved everything we ate and drank.

Some of you who read my blog know Monica Murphy-Perez, formerly with Materials Marketing and now with Renaissance Tile.  This restaurant is the collaboration of Monica and her husband August, her brother, Matthew Murphy, the Chef, and another couple, Carla and Tim Shannon.

The restaurant is located in Lilburn at 1066 Killian Hill Road but once you enter the restaurant and market, you feel like you are in Decatur, Midtown or any other hip restaurant location.  Monica is responsible for the beautiful Interior Design and has created a very stylish yet comfortable place to have dinner.  Go to their site to see pictures of the restaurant, www.tbmrestaurant.com.  

We had a drink at the bar first and received great service and recommendations from our bartender.  I wanted a white and he recommended the Attems, Cupra Ramato, (Friuli, Italy).  I now have a new favorite wine and you can purchase a bottle there in the market.  



The rich color comes from leaving the skins on the grapes.

We started with a board of cheese and cured meats: soprassetta, coppa, and prosciutto.  The blue cheese was my favorite, probably the mildest I have ever had.

We were luckily joined by Monica and August and got to talk with Matthew the chef as well.  My panko crusted flounder was outstanding, served over a bed of Orzo, Mushroom and Lobster Saute and a shellfish bisque.  

Desert was too attractive to pass up, Key Lime Pie and Cheesecake topped with blueberries.




This is the Key Lime Pie with the frothiest meringue I have ever seen.  You can see the Cheesecake on their website, my picture looks just like theirs but is giving me an error.

I had a great cup of coffee, they brew counter culture coffee, which is a sustainable, organic, fair trade, artisan coffee experience, www.counterculturecoffee.com.  Stay tuned for more coffee talk in my upcoming post.

Kristen was our server and was great, the entire staff was friendly and I can't wait to go back.  Three Blind Mice has been around for 2 years and there was not an empty seat the entire time we were there.  I would say that is a really good sign but please go try it out for yourself.

Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment