Monday, April 2, 2012

This weekend I was @.........

.........Home.

What a fabulous weekend!  Duncan and I stayed in both nights and made incredible meals, rack of lamb crusted with pistachios and a red currant sauce on Saturday night.  Yummy.  I suppose the highlight of the weekend was giving one of our hens an early easter present.  Runt, named so because she was the runt of the group, that is no longer the case,



has gone broody on us.  That just means she has turned motherly and wants to hatch her own eggs.  Sometimes hens snap out of it and sometimes they don't and she hasn't, so we bought her 10 fertilized eggs to hatch naturally.

They arrived on Saturday via US Mail....


From The Garry Farm.




Mostly Easter Eggers, there is one Americauna egg, and 


a few Copper Marans, can you believe that color?

So we arranged them in the box...



And there she goes.  She is proving to be a good mother, she turns the eggs regularly and is able to cover all of them with her body so hopefully in 17 days we will have some chicks.   I will keep you posted.

This is going to be a busy week, Architect Caroline Rolader has hired me organize her portfolio of work, I will start by lining up some photo shoots, can't wait to see the projects in person.  Caroline made a comment at our initial meeting that while "some of these projects aren't the biggest, they have changed the lives of the people living in the house."  I couldn't help but write this down because it reminded me that all architecture, renovations and interior design are important when you transform a room or an entire home for an individual or a family.

I hope to have my new website up and running soon so you can see the different examples of work I have been doing lately.

If you or anyone you know need help with photography, putting together a portfolio, or creating a website to get your work in front of the public eye, call or email me:
404-213-6606
kristinmayfieldmeredith@gmail.com

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment