Sunday, April 22, 2012

This weekend I was @.......

......my house.

What a fabulous weekend it has been.  Duncan and I had a wonderful dinner with friends to celebrate a birthday, not mine, on Friday night.  We went to Cucina Asellina and everything was great.  I had Pistachio Garganelli which had hand made sausage and wild mushrooms, delish!!  The great thing about it is they didn't bring you a heaping bowl of food so we didn't leave feeling stuffed.  I say go check it out yourselves.

The most exciting part of the weekend was that our chicks have started hatching!!!!!  The cutest and coolest thing ever.  We have 5 chicks at the moment and 5 more eggs to go, Runt (named so bc she was the runt of the litter and has ended up being the healthiest of them all) is such a great mom too!  Our adorable nephew came for a sleepover which made it that much more fun.


Charlie, our nephew, loving some pop corn.


Video of the first chick being born, now we have 5.


She has been keeping them tucked underneath her, and they are quite adventurous, so they keep popping out, exploring the brood box.


And my peonies are blooming, my favorite time of spring.  And these aren't even my pretty ones so stay tuned!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment