Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yesterday I was @.......

..the Inspiration Showhouse photographing the design collaboration of Nancy Duffey and Allison Harper.  The two worked together to design the dreamiest nursery perfect for a baby boy or girl.

The Inspiration Showhouse is a breath of fresh air when comparing it to last year's Symphony Showhouse.  A small house, with fewer rooms, fewer designers were required to transform the house into an elegant but very livable home.   I remember last year I lost interest before I saw the Symphony Showhouse in its entirety. The house was enormous, designers were many, resulting in very diverse rooms.  I found myself returning to rooms yesterday at the Inspiration House in order to revisit some of the details of the rooms.  I also felt that the work of the designers selected was very compatible.
Enough of that, take a look at the pictures and go see it yourself.  It opens tomorrow and tickets are only $10.




The pillows and cubes are all hand stamped fabrics made by Block and Prayer, I will tell you more about that later, hopefully I can interview the designer because she has some really beautiful and original fabric.  Here are some close ups.




The crib bedding can be purchased at Scout for the Home.  The comforter is by Pom Pom at Home and the crib sheets are made by Matteo.  I love the Alabaster lamps, and the artwork is perfect for this room.

Talk to you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment